So when surveying the ingredients I had out to make some apps for a Texans game this month, suddenly the thought of just slicing the cheddar and sausage seemed a little too boring. So with the help of a can of chopped green chiles (somehow lost my small round cookie cutter!) and an extra Ziploc to pipe on some ranch dressing, suddenly my plain little apps were “kicked” (ha!) up a notch.
And the best part is that it really only took about 10 minutes. So if you’re looking for a fun and easy appetizer for your next game day, this is it!
- 1 box
- keebler town house crackers
- summer sausage, sliced thin (about 1/8" thick)
- block of cheddar cheese, sliced very thin (about 1/8" thick)
- ranch dressing (use hidden valley)
How to Make Football Bites
- 1On a sturdy cutting board, use the aluminum can (or cookie cutter) to shape the cheddar and summer sausage pieces into individual "football" shapes. (See photo)
- 2Then assemble the football "bites", by layering cheddar and summer sausage atop the crackers.
- 3Finally, pour some ranch dressing into a Ziploc bag, and then use scissors to snip a very small triangle from one of the bottom corners
- 4Pipe the dressing onto the cheddar to complete the football bites.