You can really play with this and customize it to your likes. Add your favorite nits and dried fruits. Add chocolate ..chocolate covered raisins or yogurt covered..or even MnMs. Ya get the idea. Have fun with it.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 cold fashion oats
1/2 ccoconut oil melted
1/2 cbrown sugar
1/2 tspground ginger
1 tspvanilla extract ( optional)
·your choice of nuts and dried fruits
1/2 stickbutter ( sub additional 1/2 c coconut oil for vegan dairy free)
How to Make Granola
- Spread oats out onto baking pan in thin layer
- Place in preheated oven. Lowest setting and lightly toast until slight golden color.
- Place oats in bowl.
- This is where you get creative. Toss in what you like. Peanut. Cashew. Macadamia. Pecan. Walnut. Whatever nuts you like sunflower seeds. Pumpkin seeds... Fruit dried anything. raisin. Dried pineapple. Dried apricot. Dried cherries. Prunes. Dried apple.
The more things you add . will cut down the amount needs for each item ..I use 8 nuts and fruits total so I toss a handful of each . But you can make it more fruit and nut or more oat to your taste.
- Add cinnamon and ginger to the melted coconut oil and butter
Add sugar and honey and mix. If using vanilla this is the time
- Pour the mixture over your bowl of oats nuts and fruit and stir and toss to coat.
- Spread out on baking tray and back in oven lowest setting for 5 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool thoroughly.
Once cool break into pieces and put in container
- You can add chocolate chips but wait until they oats cool some. A bit warm works if ya want a little melt with intact chips