Chilli chicken recipe
10 to 12 mediumchicken pieces boneless
1 tspred chilly sauce
1 tspdark soya sauce
1 tspchopped ginger and garlic
2 tspchopped onion
2 tspcorn flour
1 tspall purpose flour
1/2 tspwhite pepper powder
2 tspchopped spring onions
1 tspcooking vinegar
How to Make Chilli chicken recipe
- Apply half of the red chilly sauce, white pepper and salt into the chicken pieces.
- Make a thick lumbs free batter with corn flour and all purpose flour. Beat the egg and mix with the batter
- Add the chicken pieces into the batter and coat them evenly from all sides. Let them marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep vessel pan or wok and deep fry the chicken pieces tilll crisp and golden.
- Heat 1 teaspoon cooking oil in a pan and fry the chopped ginger and garlic till light brown.
- Add the chopped onions and fry them till translucent.
- Add 3 teaspoon water and simmer for a minute. Add the red chilly sauce and dark soya sauce. Mix well.
- Make 3 teaspoon a corn flour slurry and add into the pan. Simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Add the fried chicken pieces and mix them well with the sauce.
- Add white pepper powder and salt. Sprinkle some chopped spring onions.
- Remove and serve hot chilli chicken.