One thing that I eat everyday is dill pickles; cold packed dill pickles. I love them & adore them. They are wonderful, beautiful and amazing! Ok, ok so now you know....I do love pickles and anyone that knows me well will tell you so. LOL
About 12 years ago, a lady brought this yummy treat to an office party & I never forgot it. Now, since then I have tried flavored cream cheeses, different nuts and sprinkling a light touch of garlic salt on top, but all in all it stands as a simple recipe that I love.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Looking for a fun, unexpected appetizer? This is it!
These little pickles are just so cool. I'll admit to being a little hesitant when I first looked at the ingredient list, but the flavors work VERY well together - the perfect combination of salty and sour. Enjoy! The Test Kitchen
- 4-6 medium
- cold packed dill pickles
- 1 - 2 pkg
- cream cheese or flavored (i used chive & onion for this pic above)
- 2 c
- chopped pecans, toasted almonds or whatever nut you desire
- garlic salt
How to Make Nutty Pickles
- 1Remove your whole cold packed dill pickles from the jar and dry them off well with a paper towel.
(Cold packed dill pickles are the best and the crunchiest. Once you try them you will always want them and you can find them in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.) ----Want a spicy bit to your Nutty Pickles try using Claussens new Hot & Spicy pickles that came out this spring of 2012. They are delicious and have a nice bite to them.
- 2Pick up one pickle and hold on the ends and begin to spread the cream cheese with a knife over the pickle. It doesn't have to be perfect just covered well.
- 4You can refrigerate them until ready to cut and serve them. When you do cut them, don't slice too thin or the mixture will begin to fall off. Cut them in a thicker slice. If some mixture does fall off just lightly press it back on the pickle. You can put fancy toothpicks in the center of them or just sliced by themselved on a plate. If desired, sprinkle very lightly a dash of garlic salt over the top. Serve immediately.
- 611-19-13 --- I made these today for our last meeting for our woman's mentoring class. I used some fresh toasted almonds to roll the pickles in and I must say I loved them. I also sliced some up and just spread the cream cheese on the top and dipped them in the nuts as well. Since there was a buffalo dip that was being brought I included some raw cauliflower to the plate.