Gluten-free date and walnut snack
Ramona's Cuisine -
Just make sure and promise me you will not eat them all at once, I know it's hard but try not to!
*** I use Medjoul dates because they are really 'meaty' and juicy and super delicious. But if you can't find those and your dates are slightly drier you'll have to soak them for at least 20-30 minutes.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·400 g medjoul dates
·100 g walnuts (organic)
·45 g coconut (organic) dessicated
·40 g chia seeds (organic)
·1 pinch himalayan salt
·1 tbsp cocoa powder (organic)
·1 tbsp carob powder
·2 grinds black pepper (optional)
How to Make Gluten-free date and walnut snack
- Shell the walnuts if you have to.
- Take the stones of the dates and place them in a food processor.
- Place the walnuts in a pan on low heat and roast for few minutes, don't go too far from them as they burn quickly due to the high oil content.
- Give it a good old whizz in the processor. Add the remainder of the ingredients.
- Mix most of the desiccated coconut but keep some for later to roll on the outside.
- Take out of the food processor and make into small (1.5 cm) balls. Use the remainder of the coconut flakes to roll some of the balls or all of them.
- Keep outside or inside the fridge.