Parmesan and Thyme Crackers
- 1 stick
- unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 oz
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1 tsp
- minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 c
- all-purpose flour
How to Make Parmesan and Thyme Crackers
- 1Cream the butter in a mixer for 1 minute.
- 2With the mixer on low speed, add the remaining ingredients (except the flour).
- 3When the mixture is thoroughly combined, add the flour (with the mixer still on low) until it is in large crumbles.
- 4If the dough is too dry, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until you achieve the large crumbles.
- 5Dump the dough onto a floured board and press it into a ball.
- 6Roll the dough with your hands until it resembles a 9-inch log.
- 7Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 4 days.
- 8Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 9Cut the log into 3/8-inch-thick slices and place them on a pan lined with parchment paper.
- 10Bake for 22 minutes until very lightly browned, rotating the pan once.
- 11Cool and serve at room temperature (if you can keep people out of them that long!).