Parmesan and Thyme Crackers
1 stickunsalted butter, at room temperature
4 ozfreshly grated parmesan cheese (about 1 cup)
1 tspminced fresh thyme leaves
1/2 tspkosher salt
1/2 tspfreshly ground black pepper
1 1/4 call-purpose flour
How to Make Parmesan and Thyme Crackers
- Cream the butter in a mixer for 1 minute.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the remaining ingredients (except the flour).
- When the mixture is thoroughly combined, add the flour (with the mixer still on low) until it is in large crumbles.
- If the dough is too dry, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until you achieve the large crumbles.
- Dump the dough onto a floured board and press it into a ball.
- Roll the dough with your hands until it resembles a 9-inch log.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 4 days.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the log into 3/8-inch-thick slices and place them on a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 22 minutes until very lightly browned, rotating the pan once.
- Cool and serve at room temperature (if you can keep people out of them that long!).