Yellow Polka Dot Zucchini Side
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is a terrifically fresh salad to enjoy on a hot summer day! The zucchini ribbons - and the name - also make it downright adorable. Grill some chicken or shrimp for the perfect accompanying main course. The Test Kitchen
2 Tbspolive oil
2 Tbspfresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tspwhite vinegar
1 tspsea salt
1/8 tspcoarse ground pepper
1 cfresh corn kernels
1 cyellow cherub tomatoes, halved
1/4 cfresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 cthinly sliced green onions
How to Make Yellow Polka Dot Zucchini Side
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice,honey, vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Cut ends off zucchini. Using a vegetable peeler, cut zucchini into long, thin strips. When you get to center of the zucchini, turn it over and start on it's other side, peeling off strips until you reach the center again.
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini ribbons, fresh corn kernels, and yellow tomato halves. Sprinkle with cilantro and green onions and toss slightly.
- Pour dressing over the veggies, a litte at a time, tossing as you go, until everything is well-coated.
- Place in medium serving bowl or serving platter.