How to Make What? Fried Turnips ?
- Peel turnips and cut long ways.
- In skillet over medium heat, add oil and let warm.
- Peel onion, we like sweet onions best.
Slice then pull slices a part where they are also in strips.
- In skillet, add onions and let start to tenderize, before adding turnips.
Sprinkle with S & P.
- Just as you would fry tatters, turn occassionally, so does not stick together.
- Add Bacon chips and put a lid on, then let cook until good and tender, but not burnt ot too brown.
- These are good with Pork Chops, or just a Veggy night.
On Veggy night, we have fried Turnips, buttered Carrots, Scallop corn and fresh sliced tomatoes. I serve this with garlic bread sticks. Ummmm, Yum!