Southern Style Quick Coleslaw
How to Make Southern Style Quick Coleslaw
- Peel outer leaves from cabbage and cut into fourths. Remove core and cut into smaller pieces.
- Place about 1/3 to 1/2 of the cut pieces into a Ninja, Vitamix, or a blender and add water to cover. Pulse a few times until cabbage is shredded.
- Pour into a large strainer to drain off water. Repeat with remaining cabbage. Once all of the cabbage has been shredded and placed in the strainer, press out excess liquid using the back side of a spoon.
- While the drained cabbage is still in the strainer, sprinkle with salt. Mix in vinegar and sugar. Let stand for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Using the back side of a spoon, press out any additional liquid. Once cabbage is fairly dry, transfer into a large bowl. Spoon in mayonnaise, as much or as little as you desire and mix well. Sprinkle with pepper (if desired), cover and refrigerate for at least one hour. Serve as a side or on hot dogs, hamburgers or pork barbecue sandwiches. Enjoy!