Roasted Carrots, Thanksgiving Favorite
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Carrots are sweet and roasting makes them even sweeter. The seasonings were just right. I didn't need to roast as long as the recipe stated. Since cooking times vary with ovens, watch these really close. The Test Kitchen
1 1/2 lbcarrots, cleaned
2 Tbspbutter, melted
1 tspfresh thyme, chopped fine
2 Tbsplemon juice
·salt, pepper to taste
·olive oil to drizzle over
How to Make Roasted Carrots, Thanksgiving Favorite
- Prepare carrots by halving them cross-wise and cutting them length-wise to make even sized pieces. The pieces should be larger than a matchstick and bigger than bite-sized.
- Peel all the shallots. Dice two shallots and halve the rest.
- Adjust oven rack to middle position. Heat to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine ingredients tossing to coat.
- Transfer carrots to foil or parchment lined baking sheet. Spread into a single layer.
- Cover baking sheet tightly with foil and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to cook, stirring twice, until carrots are well browned and tender, 30-35 minutes. Serve hot.