Roasted Beet and Goatcheese Salad with Grapefruit Balsamic Dressing
1 1/2 tspsea salt
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/2 tspbasil, dried
3 Tbspolive oil
2eggs, hard boiled
1 1/2 Tbspbalsamic vinegar
·crumbled goat cheese
·half a handful of chopped parsley
How to Make Roasted Beet and Goatcheese Salad with Grapefruit Balsamic Dressing
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Cut stalks off beets. Wash beets and slice into medium-thin slices. You can peel them now, or after they are done roasting.
- Toss slices with olive oil and all the spices (except the parsley herb).
- Put beets in loaf baking dish and roast in oven for 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil eggs and cool them. Peel and chop them.
- FOR DRESSING: Juice the grapefruit, add the sugar and balsamic vinegar. Put dressing in fridge until ready to use.
- When beets are done, take them out and let them cool. You can peel them at this point, too.
- When beets are cooled, arrange them on a plate. Take grapefruit dressing, mix it up (it may have settled while waiting); pour grapefruit dressing on top of beets; add chopped egg, and sprinkle top with sea salt, parsley and goat cheese. Enjoy!