Ranch Potato Cupcake Fans
I like mine either just the way they are cooked in the recipe or topped with sour cream and chives.
My husband likes ketchup on his.
The leftovers make awesome breakfast potatoes ! Just pop them into the skillet and let them brown up in the butter they have retained from baking !
How to Make Ranch Potato Cupcake Fans
- Preheat oven to 350.
Liberally spray a 6 hole muffin pan and set aside.
- Peel potatoes. Slice very thin. I recommend using a mandolin for even thin slices.
Safety note - please use the guard so you don't get up close and personal with that mandolin blade!
As you slice the potatoes drop them into a bowl of ice cold water.
- Once the potatoes are sliced and the oven is hot, rinse the potato slices and spin dry or pat with a paper towel.
- Place the potato slices in a large bowl. Sprinkle the Ranch dressing over the potatoes then pour the melted butter over all. Mix well ensuring each potato has some seasoning on it. It's easiest to just use your hands to mix them in this step.
- Take the potato slices and stack them into the muffin pan. If your potato slices are too wide just fold it in half.
Once you have all the potatoes in the cups place in the hot oven and bake for about 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes check the doneness with a sharp knife blade. If they are done remove from oven. If not quite done, return them to the oven for another 10 minutes. Allow them to rest for a couple of minutes then carefully lift them from the cups and place them on a paper towel to drain before serving.
- Serve as is or top with sour cream and chopped chives if desired.