Polish Dill Pickles
- variable small
- cucumbers (to each quart jar)
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper (to each quart jar)
- head of fresh dill (to each quart jar)
- few slices of fresh garlic (to each quart jar)
- 1/2 tsp
- red pepper flakes (to each quart jar)
- 6 c
- 2 c
- white vinegar
- 1/2 c
- pickling / canning salt
How to Make Polish Dill Pickles
- 1Wash and clean cucumbers. Cut blossom ends from cucumbers.
Sterilize quart canning jars in hot water bath.
To each sterilized quart canning jar pack the cucumbers, black pepper, dill, garlic, and pepper. flakes.
- 2In a stock pot; add the water, vinegar, and salt.
Heat the mixture over medium heat to almost a boil, (bubbling around the edges).
- 3Pour the hot liquid over the cucumbers and seasonings that are packed in the jars. (Have jar lids ready, heated in hot water for a few minutes according to the manufactures directions).
Place the sterile lids and rings on each jar and hand tighten
- 4Place in a water bath canner for 5 minutes.
Remove from the canner and allow to cool to room temperature.
Make sure each jar is sealed or they will ruin.
- 5Let stand for at least a month to six weeks before opening.