Poblano peppers stuffed and prosciutto wrapped
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 mediumpoblano peppers
1 pkgcream cheese
1 1/2 cportobello mushrooms
1 1/2 tspgarlic, diced
3 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Poblano peppers stuffed and prosciutto wrapped
- Wash peppers and slice off stem end of pepper and remove seeds. Wash again to remove any remaining seeds. Dry peppers.
- In a small pan sautee portobello mushrooms, diced garlic, and onion in the olive oil until tender. Remove from heat to cool.
- In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese and sauteed portobello mushrooms, garlic, and onion until smooth and creamy. Stuff mixture into peppers.
- Wrap on piece of prosciutto over the open end of the pepper and then wrap another piece around the pepper to hold the one covering the end and then another piece around the bottom of the pepper so that the entire pepper is encased with prosciutto.
- Place peppers in a covered casserole dish. Drizzle peppers with olive oil. Depending on the size of the casserole dish you made need two casserole dishes. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 30-35 minutes. Insert knife into pepper and if pepper is soft remove lid(s) and bake for another 10 minutes until prosciutto is crispy on the outside.
- Remove from casserole dish onto serving plate.