JELLO / VEGGIE CASSEROLE
Peggi Anne Tebben
1 pkglemon jello
1 chot water
1 ccottage cheese or 8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cgreen onions, chopped
1/2 cbell peppers, chopped fine
1/2 ccelery, chopped fine
1/2 cshredded. chopped carrots
1 smallapple, peeled & chopped fine
How to Make JELLO / VEGGIE CASSEROLE
- Chop all of the veggies fine, about the size of pencil erasers. I grate the carrots on cheese grater, then chop if necessary.
- In large mixing bowl, dissolve jello in boiling water. While hot, mix mayonnaise & cream cheese or cottage cheese in .I use cream cheese. Add veggies & mix in.
- Pour into an 8x8 pan or small casserole. Refrigerate until set. Keeps for a long time in fridge.
- Garnish with lemon zest & lemon peel if desired.
- Note: May be doubled. If doubled, place in a 9 x 13 glass cake pan or larger casserole dish.
Also, for this picture, the original recipe calls for 1 c. of each veggie. I used 1/2 c. onion, 1/2 c. bell pepper,1 c. celery , 1c. carrot & the apple. The revision I have listed above is much better. It just had too much veggies in it.