Giant Zucchini-Corn Fritter
Blue Ribbon Recipe
You would not believe the amazing aroma from this dish. This was a great tasting recipe that you will be happy to serve at your next dinner party. I betcha they even ask you for the recipe ... so good! The Test Kitchen
1 pkg(2.5 oz) cooked real bacon pieces
1 1/2 cshredded parmesan cheese
1 pkg(2.8 oz) fried onions
2 cthinly sliced zucchini
1 pkg(6.5 oz) yellow cornbread mix
2 largeeggs, beaten
1 csour cream
1 ccream style corn
1 cthawed yellow corn kernels or fresh kernels
1/2 tspsea salt
3 Tbspmelted butter
How to Make Giant Zucchini-Corn Fritter
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 10 1/4" cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix bacon pieces, parmesan cheese and fried onions in a medium bowl.
- Place half the mixture into the bottom of the prepared skillet. Layer the thinly sliced zuchinni over the mixture.
- In another medium bowl, mix together the cornbread mix, egg, sour cream, cream corn and corn kernels. Sprinkle with the sea salt and fold in melted butter.
- Pour the cornbread mixture over the zuchinni layer.
- Top with the remaining bacon-cheese mixture. Tap pan slightly to settle the ingredients before baking.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 40 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out nearly clean.
- Cool about 8 minutes before serving.