How to Make EASY PICKLES
- Drain pickle juice from jar, reserving juice and do not wash out the jar. Slice pickles then pack 1/3 pickles back into the same jar. Top with a layer of sugar then repeat with another 1/3 layer of pickles and another layer of sugar. Now put the rest of pickles in jar and top with another layer of sugar. Pour some of the reserved pickle juice over sugar.
- Put a strip of plastic wrap over opening before replacing lid. Let stand on counter top until sugar has dissolved. NOTE: The plastic wrap will keep the lid from rusting unless the lid is plastic, of course.
- *You will need to stir as sugar melts and you can shake the jar occasionally. Once the sugar has dissolved you can store these in fridge to make them crispier...it's your choice.
- *I'm sorry that I can't give the exact amount of sugar it'll take but you'll figure it out as I did. A wild guess would be about 4 lbs (maybe less) but please don't go by that estimate.
- *You can add a little allspice, cloves and cinnamon if you desire but I like them without the spices.