Creamy Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 lb
- sweet potatoes (2 large or 3 small)
- 4 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 3+ Tbsp
- heavy cream
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- maple syrup
- mini marshmallows
- pecans, coarse chopped
How to Make Creamy Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 1First, prep the sweet potatoes. Peel, then quarter lengthwise. Finally, cut into 1/4" thick slices.
- 2Combine butter, 2 tbsp cream, sugar, salt, pepper, cayenne, and sweet potatoes in large saucepan. Cook, covered, over low heat until potatoes are fall-apart tender, 35 - 40 minutes.
- 3Remove them from the heat, then add the rest of the cream and mash with potato masher. Use maple syrup to bring it to the correct consistency. If you prefer more sweet, use less cream in this step and more of the syrup.
- 4Place mashed sweet potatoes into a casserole dish, sprinkle with marshmallows and pecan bits, then broil for a couple of minutes in the oven -- just until the marshmallows start to tan nicely.
- 5**Note -- you may make this in a bigger batch, but you need to increase the time, as well as the ingredients.