Butternut Squash, Carrot, Apple & Cranberry Salad
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Lovely, seasonal flavors served up in a light, slaw-like salad! This would be dynamite served as a side dish on your holiday table or at a summer picnic. Yay, versatility! The Test Kitchen
How to Make Butternut Squash, Carrot, Apple & Cranberry Salad
- Peel the butternut squash. Cut open the bulbous end and scoop out the pulp and seeds. Using a food processor (or grater), grate the squash. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Wash and/or peel the carrots and apples. Grate those as well and add to bowl.
- Peel one orange and cut into chunks. Add to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, oil, and juice from the second orange. Add a dash of salt.
- Drizzle over the squash mixture, tossing to lightly coat.