Best and simplest ever green beans
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·800 g green beans (helda stringless)
·1/2 l water or vegetable stock
·2 medium onions
·2 medium carrots
·1 small parsnip
·1 small courgette (optional)
·3 cloves garlic (finely chopped or grated)
·flat parsley (or dill) to garnish
·1/2 tsp salt
·1 tbsp olive oil (or coconut oil ghee, or butter)
·1 pinch pepper (freshly ground) (a generous pinch)
How to Make Best and simplest ever green beans
- Wash thoroughly and clean the beans by taking the ends off. Remove any strings if any.
- Prepare all the other vegetables by washing them peeling them and cutting or chopping them as you wish. No specific rules here!
- Place the cooking pan over medium heat, add the oil/butter/ghee(depending what do you like most) and the chopped onion, the leek, salt and a small pinch of pepper. Cook covered for a couple of minutes. Do not allow it to start frying. If it begins to sizzle just drizzle some water.
- After the 2 minutes, add 1/2 l of water or vegetable stock and cover again. When the water starts boiling take the lid off and add the carrots, the parsnip and the courgette. Cook covered for 10 minutes or uncovered for 15'.
- Taste and see if you would like more salt at this point and add a pinch more if you wish, then add the crushed or grated garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes uncovered.
- Take the pan off the heat, grind a little bit more pepper on top and sprinkle the roughly or finely chopped herbs.
- Serve hot or cold and really enjoy it!