Asparagus Salad with Fresh Mozzarella
Blue Ribbon Recipe
We couldn't agree more with Libby; the mozzarella cheese and herbs in this dish are a real winning combination... Blue Ribbon winning, in fact! Thanks for sharing, Libby. The Test Kitchen
1/2 lbasparagus, fresh
3/4 lbgreen beans, fresh
1 smallred onion
1/4 colive oil
1/4 cred wine vinegar
1 Tbspstone ground mustard
1 Tbsptarragon, fresh
1/4 tspsalt and pepper
2 ozmozzarella cheese, fresh
2 tsplemon juice, fresh
How to Make Asparagus Salad with Fresh Mozzarella
- Clean and slice asparagus, green beans and onions into 1 intch slices.
- Drop the asparagus and bens into a pot of boiling water and blanch for 3-5 minutes, until bright green and slightly soft.
- Remove the vegetables, and place them in a bath of ice water, along with the onion slices.
- In a bowl, whisk the olive oil, red wine vinerag, mustard, taragon, salt and pepper.
- Rewmove cooled vegetables from water, and toss in bowl with dressing.
- Top with medium sizes pieces of fresh mozzarella cheese and the fresh lemon juice.