Air Fried Broccoli
How to Make Air Fried Broccoli
- Rinse the Broccoli. Cut the florets from the stem/stalk. Cut them into bite size or tablespoon size pieces. Then put them in a bowl. Reserve the stem for grating in salads. * We use one stalk for 2 adult servings. Stalk sizes vary.
- Spray the stalks with the oil. If you don't have an oil sprayer, then toss the Broccoli florets in the oil. *More oil may be needed depending on the size/amount of your Broccoli florets.
- Then sprinkle the oiled florets with the powdered Parmesan cheese. The powdery kind of Parmesan cheese works best for this recipe. Toss the Florets to coat them with the cheese. *More cheese may be needed depending on the size/amount of your florets.
- Preheat the air fryer on 450 degrees according to mfg directions. (mine is 5 min)
- Add the prepped Broccoli to the air fryer basket and insert the basket in the air fryer. Do not over crowd the basket. Try to have the florets facing up and in a single layer.
- Set the timer for 8 minutes. Your fryer may only need 5 min to brown the cheese. Check at 5 minutes. The cheese will get very dark but don't let it burn.
- Remove the cooking basket when the timer sounds. Check the broccoli for doneness. The cheese and florets should be browned. Sometimes the broccoli will need to be turned and cooked an additional 5 minutes. All air fryers cook differently and different sizes of the florets make cooking times vary.
- Remove florets from the cooking basket with tongs. Cooking basket will be very hot. Continue to cook the Broccoli in batches till all is cooked.
- May be served with your fav dipping sauce. We sometimes use Ranch but usually prefer them plain. .