How to Make Smoked Jalapenos
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Put 2 cups hickory or mesquite chips in the bottom of a 4-inch deep heavy roasting pan.
- Cover with water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water and cover the chips with foil.
- Place the jalapenos on the foil, in a single layer, and cover the pan tightly with additional foil, put in the oven for 10 minutes. (the foil will puff up like your making Jiffy popcorn.)
- Turn the oven down to 250 degrees and cook for 30 minutes longer until the jalapenos are slightly browned.
- Allow the jalapenos to cool and remove the stems, seeds and ribs after roasting.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.