How to Make Smoked Jalapenos
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Put 2 cups hickory or mesquite chips in the bottom of a 4-inch deep heavy roasting pan.
- 2Cover with water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- 3Drain the water and cover the chips with foil.
- 4Place the jalapenos on the foil, in a single layer, and cover the pan tightly with additional foil, put in the oven for 10 minutes. (the foil will puff up like your making Jiffy popcorn.)
- 5Turn the oven down to 250 degrees and cook for 30 minutes longer until the jalapenos are slightly browned.
- 6Allow the jalapenos to cool and remove the stems, seeds and ribs after roasting.
- 7Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.