Brussels Sprouts Hash With Caramelized Shallots
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, divided
- 1/2 lb
- shallot, thinly sliced
- coarse kosher salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- apple cider vinegar
- 4 tsp
- 1 1/2 lb
- brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 2 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c
How to Make Brussels Sprouts Hash With Caramelized Shallots
- 1Melt 3 tablespoons butter in medium skillet over medium heat.
Add shallots; sprinkle with coarse kosher salt and pepper.
- 2Sauté until soft and golden, about 10 minutes.
Add vinegar and sugar.
Stir until brown and glazed, about 3 minutes.
- 3Halve brussels sprouts lengthwise.
Cut lengthwise into thin (1/8-inch) slices. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add sprouts; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté until brown at edges, 6 minutes.
- 5Add 1 cup water and 2 tablespoons oil.
Sauté until most of water evaporates and sprouts are tender but still bright green, 3 minutes.
- 6Add shallots; season with salt and pepper.