My Favorite Macaroni and Cheese
1 largeegg, beaten
1 tspdry mustard
1 Tbsphot water
1 cwhole milk
3 dash(es)grated, sharp white cheddar or grated english white cheddar
1 tspwhite pepper
How to Make My Favorite Macaroni and Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a medium sized casserole dish with butter.
- Boil macaroni until just tender, drain thoroughly and cool slightly.
Place in a large glass mixing bowl and stir in butter.
- Mix milk and egg together in a small glass bowl.
Mix salt, white pepper, dry mustard and hot water together and add to milk and egg. Add 2 1/2 cups of the cheese.
- Add the cheese mixture to the macaroni and mix well.
Pour into the greased casserole and sprinkle the top with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake fro about 45 minutes or until the custard is set and the top is crusty.