Rose Water Saffron Green Peas Pilaf
- 1 1/2 c
- jasmine long grain rice cleaned, washed, soaked in 6 cups of water and drained
- 3 3/4 c
- water or 3 3?4 cups maggi vegetable broth with onions
- 1 Tbsp
- cumin seed
- whole cloves
- green cardamom pods
- inch of cinnamon stick
- whole star anise
- bay leaves
- 3 Tbsp
- cooking oil
- drops rose water
- 1 c
- green peas, defrosted or fresh
- saffron strands
- 1 tsp
- coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp
- red chili powder
- 1 tsp
- turmeric powder
- 4 - 5
- whole black peppercorns
- 1 tsp
- drops lemon juice, freshly squeezed (may use less of you like)
How to Make Rose Water Saffron Green Peas Pilaf
- 1If you want to make this pilaf using Maggi veg broth with onions instead of plain water place 2 cubes of Maggi veg in the given amount of water and boil until the cubes dissolve completely.
Remove from flame and keep aside, covered, until required.
- 2Now heat oil in a skillet on medium flame.
Once its hot, toss in the cumin seeds, cloves, green cardamoms, cinnamon stick, bay leaves and the black peppercorns.
- 3Allow the cumin seeds to splutter.
Once they stop spluttering, add the salt and green peas.
- 4Fold in the drained rice, saffron, lemon juice (to taste), rose water, water or Maggi veg.
broth with onions (prepared in step 1) and the turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder.
- 5Bring to a boil on high heat.
Once it comes to a boil and the aroma is wafting all through your kitchen, lower flame, partially cover and cook until all the water or broth has been absorbed by the rice.
Remove from flame.
- 6Remove the whole cloves and serve hot at once along with low-fat or fat-free plain yogurt (optional but good)