Mashed Parmesan Potato Cakes
Enjoy them plain or load similiar to loaded potato skins
with cheddar, bacon, green onions and ranch dressing.
I like the taste of these Parmesan Potato Cakes plain. My husband, on the other hand, always like more. He likes more seasonings, more toppings, more sauce, more bacon. I agree with the bacon part. When I’m making some that I think is just fabulous. then I have to think what would Big Daddy add to this?
Topping them like the popular potato skins makes perfect sense!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 c
- mashed potatoes
- 1 large
- egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp
- green onion, minced
- 1/4 c
- shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- garlic powder
- 3/4 c
- panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 c
- crumbled bacon
- 1/2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- canol oil for cooking
- green onion slivers for garnish
- sour cream for serving
- ranch dressing for serving
- remoulade sauce for serving
How to Make Mashed Parmesan Potato Cakes
- 1Mix mashed potatoes, egg, onion, cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder together.
- 2Using an ice cream for uniform sizes scoop out mixture and flatten with hand to form a disc.
- 3Dredge in panko bread crumbs.
- 4Heat a skillet or sauté pan to med high, once hot add oil.
- 5When oil begins to ripple add potato cakes.
- 6Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown before turning to other side.
- 7Cook another 2 to 3 minutes until second side is browned.
- 8Carefully remove to platter.