Mashed Parmesan Potato Cakes
Enjoy them plain or load similiar to loaded potato skins
with cheddar, bacon, green onions and ranch dressing.
I like the taste of these Parmesan Potato Cakes plain. My husband, on the other hand, always like more. He likes more seasonings, more toppings, more sauce, more bacon. I agree with the bacon part. When I’m making some that I think is just fabulous. then I have to think what would Big Daddy add to this?
Topping them like the popular potato skins makes perfect sense!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 cmashed potatoes
1 largeegg, beaten
1 Tbspgreen onion, minced
1/4 cshredded pepper jack cheese
1/8 tspgarlic powder
3/4 cpanko bread crumbs
1/3 ccrumbled bacon
1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese
2 Tbspcanol oil for cooking
·green onion slivers for garnish
·sour cream for serving
·ranch dressing for serving
·remoulade sauce for serving
How to Make Mashed Parmesan Potato Cakes
- Mix mashed potatoes, egg, onion, cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder together.
- Using an ice cream for uniform sizes scoop out mixture and flatten with hand to form a disc.
- Dredge in panko bread crumbs.
- Heat a skillet or sauté pan to med high, once hot add oil.
- When oil begins to ripple add potato cakes.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown before turning to other side.
- Cook another 2 to 3 minutes until second side is browned.
- Carefully remove to platter.