Leek and Parmesan Twice Baked Potatoes
I love leeks so I finally decided to make twice baked leeky jacket potatoes. The texture of these potatoes are different from the usual baked potato. The filing is creamy like mashed potatoes and the top is brown and slightly crunchy.
How to Make Leek and Parmesan Twice Baked Potatoes
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Scrub the potatoes well and pierce several times with a fork.
- 2Bake for 1 hour or until tender.
- 3Slice the root of the leek and then slice up the middle.
- 4Cut the white and light green parts into half moon shapes.
- 5Place in a deep bowl of water, swish, and let sit for several minutes to allow any dirt that was trapped in the layers to sink.
- 6Remove the leeks and set aside.
- 7Once potatoes are done remove and let cool slightly.
- 8Place the butter in a skillet over medium high heat.
- 9Add the leeks and season lightly with salt. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened.
- 10Split open the potatoes, and scrape the flesh from the skins leaving enough flesh for the skins to keep their shape.
- 11Add the flesh to the skillet with the leeks along with the half and half.
- 12Mash with a potato masher and season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- 13Add the mashed potatoes to the potato skins, top each with 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese and return to oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden and bubbly.