Cheesy Ranch Loaded Potato Casserole
- 2 1/2 lb
- red potatoes, diced
- 2 c
- sour cream
- 1/4 pkg
- packet (approx. 3/4 tbsp.) ranch dressing mix (i use hidden valey)
- 1/4 tsp
- kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 5 Tbsp
- real bacon bits
- green onions, chopped
How to Make Cheesy Ranch Loaded Potato Casserole
- 1Place diced potatoes in a medium sized pot, cover with water. Cover pot and bring to boil.
- 2Boil potatoes for approximately 7-10 minutes. Drain potatoes, rinse & drain again.
- 3While potatoes come to a boil, stir together the sour cream & ranch dressing mix, set aside.
- 4Once potatoes are boiled & drained, add salt & pepper to potatoes and gently stir to combine.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray and 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- 6Layer half of the diced potatoes in an even layer on the bottom of the pan.
- 7Spread half of the sour cream mixture on top of the potato layer.
- 8Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese.
- 9Sprinkle with half of the bacon bits & then half of the green onions.
- 10Do another layer of the potatoes, then sour cream mixture, cheese, & bacon bits.
- 11Bake for approximately 35 to 40 minutes, until cheese has melted and mixture is bubbly and potatoes are fork tender.
- 12Top with remaining green onions.