Cheesy Ranch Loaded Potato Casserole
2 1/2 lbred potatoes, diced
2 csour cream
1/4 pkgpacket (approx. 3/4 tbsp.) ranch dressing mix (i use hidden valey)
1/4 tspkosher salt, or to taste
1/8 tspfreshly ground black pepper, or to taste
2 cshredded cheddar cheese, divided
5 Tbspreal bacon bits
1green onions, chopped
How to Make Cheesy Ranch Loaded Potato Casserole
- Place diced potatoes in a medium sized pot, cover with water. Cover pot and bring to boil.
- Boil potatoes for approximately 7-10 minutes. Drain potatoes, rinse & drain again.
- While potatoes come to a boil, stir together the sour cream & ranch dressing mix, set aside.
- Once potatoes are boiled & drained, add salt & pepper to potatoes and gently stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray and 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer half of the diced potatoes in an even layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Spread half of the sour cream mixture on top of the potato layer.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese.
- Sprinkle with half of the bacon bits & then half of the green onions.
- Do another layer of the potatoes, then sour cream mixture, cheese, & bacon bits.
- Bake for approximately 35 to 40 minutes, until cheese has melted and mixture is bubbly and potatoes are fork tender.
- Top with remaining green onions.