Cheese Potato & Smoked Sausage Casserole
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 cidaho potatoes, peeled, boiled and cut into cubes when cool, approx. 1 lb
1/2 lbvelveeta cheese, diced
1/2 csharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 lbskinless smoked sausage (eckrich is my favorite brand)
How to Make Cheese Potato & Smoked Sausage Casserole
- Cut skinless smoked sausage in half, lengthwise, and then chop into 1/2 inch "half moon" cuts. Cook in a frying pan for about 15 minutes, turning frequently to SLIGHTLY brown.
- Meanwhile, put cooked & diced potatoes in 2 quart casserole. Add cooked meat and give it a gentle toss.
- Mix all remaining ingredients (except for shredded cheddar cheese & the paprika) in a saucepan over medium heat until warm, melted and smooth. (Use a whisk and stir constantly.).
- Pour white/cheese sauce over potatoes and meat. Sprinkle shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top, and then sprinkle paprika evenly over the top.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 35-45 minutes (watch, until golden brown on top).