Homemade delicious hummus
Ramona's Cuisine -
Simple and Delicious!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·400 g chickpeas (cooked, in brine)
·1 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
·1/2 lemon (juice)
·1-2 cloves garlic
·2 tbsp olive oil ( keep 1 tsp to drizzle over)
·1/3 tsp cumin powder
·1 pinch cayenne pepper
·1 pinch salt
·1 pinch black pepper (freshly ground)
·1 tbsp caramelized onion to garnish
How to Make Homemade delicious hummus
- In a food processor bowl place the drained chickpeas (keep 3-4 tbsp of the brine) followed by the tahini paste, the lemon juice and the garlic and give it a good few pulses for around 30 seconds or so.
- And the olive oil cumin powder cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and process for a further 30 seconds. You may need to scrape the bowl sides once.
- Depending on the texture of the hummus add 2-4 tbsp of the chickpeas brine that you have kept aside.
- Taste for salt and pepper, give it a last whizz and spoon out in a serving bowl or plate.
- You can drizzle a little olive oil and some chopped fresh peppers or fresh parsley to garnish. I have used some caramelised onion. Serve and enjoy!