Baked Potato Cheddar Bacon Casserole
·4 medium baking potatoes
·1/2 stick butter, cut into cubes
·1/3 cup sour cream
·1/3 cup milk
·1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
·1/4 teaspoon pepper
·5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
·1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
·2 green onions, chopped, divided
How to Make Baked Potato Cheddar Bacon Casserole
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Spray a 9” square baking dish with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Bake 45-60 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven; set aside to cool and reduce oven setting to 350° F.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, remove pulp from skins. Mash potato with butter, stir in sour cream, milk, salt and pepper.
- Reserve 1/4 cup crumbled bacon for topping. Gently fold remaining bacon, 1/2 cup cheese and half of the green onions into potato mixture (do not overmix).
- Pour into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with reserved bacon and cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and sprinkle with reserved chopped green onion.