Rice Cooker Arroz Con Gandules
2 clong grain rice, uncooked
1 can(s)green pigeon peas (gandules verdes)
1/2 lbthick-cut bacon
1 cchopped onions
2packets goya sazón
2 1/2 cchicken broth
How to Make Rice Cooker Arroz Con Gandules
- Rinse and drain rice 3 or 4 times to remove excess starch; pour drained rice into cooker pot.
NOTE: if your rice cooker came with a measuring cup, use that to measure rice.
- Drain gandules (pigeon peas), discarding liquid, and add to pot.
- Cut bacon (about 6 strips) into 1/2-inch pieces and add to pot.
- Add chopped onions, Goya Sazón seasoning, and chicken broth; stir ingredients together.
NOTE: When adding chicken broth, use the same measuring cup that you used for the rice.
- OPTIONAL: If desired, you may stir in additional seasoning or ingredients; one suggestion is to add 1/2 teaspoon of Creole seasoning.
- Cook in rice cooker until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender; stir before serving.