Hawaiian Fried Rice
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 Tbspsoy sauce
1 Tbspsesame oil
1 tsphot sauce
1/2 Tbspvegetable oil, divided
2 cdiced ham
1red bell pepper, seeded and diced
6green onions, diced, white and green parts separated
3garlic cloves, minced
5 ccooked rice, cold
1 cpineapple chunks
How to Make Hawaiian Fried Rice
- In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, sesame oil and hot sauce. Set aside.
- In a large, non-stick skillet, heat 1/2 of the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the diced ham, red bell pepper and the chopped white parts of the green onions. Cook and stir for 5 to 7 minutes, or until ham is browned and bell pepper is crisp-tender. Stir in the garlic and cook another minute. Pour this mixture into a bowl, and set aside.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in the same skillet until hot, and then add the cold rice. Cook and stir rice, breaking up the clumps. Cook until rice is thoroughly heated, about 8 minutes.
- Push the rice to one side of the skillet. Crack the eggs onto the other side of skillet and stir until lightly scrambled and set. Stir the eggs and the ham mixture into the rice. Pour the soy sauce mixture into the rice and cook, stirring until combined and hot.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the pineapple and green parts of the onions.