"Black Beans and Rice" and Cheddar Casserole
This is baked macaroni cheese, but without the macaroni.
- 5 c
- leftover black beans and rice
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1 lb
- sharp cheddar, shredded
- 2 Tbsp
- spicy dijon mustard
- 1 tsp
- 1 stick
- butter, diced
- 1 1/2 c
- panko bread crumbs, seasoned
- 1/2 c
- cream or milk
- 1 pinch
- lemon pepper salt to taste
How to Make "Black Beans and Rice" and Cheddar Casserole
- 1In a mixing bowl, stir all ingredients (reserve 2 tbsp of panko) until well blended.
- 2Pour in a greased casserole dish.
- 3Sprinkle the reserved panko atop.
- 4Bake until panko is a golden brown.
- 5When removing from oven, sprinkle with lemon pepper salt to taste.