★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 Tbspvegetable oil
1 mediumonion, finely chopped
1 clovegarlic, crushed with press
2 clong-grain white rice
3 cchicken broth
1/2 cdried apricots, chopped
1/3 csliced almonds, toasted
1/4 cparsley leaves, finely chopped
How to Make APRICOT-ALMOND RICE
- In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium heat. Add onion and cook for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and salt; cook 2 to 4 minutes, or until garlic is golden, stirring frequently.
- Add rice to the pot; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add broth and apricots. Heat to boiling on high. Reduce heat to maintain simmer.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork. If making ahead, cool completely and refrigerate in an airtight container up to 2 days. Microwave on high for 7 minutes to reheat.
- To serve immediately, gently fold in almonds and parsley.