Poorman's Breakfast Skillet
1 1/2 cpeeled,washed,and thinly sliced russet potatoes
1/8 call-vegetable shortening
1/8 cthinly sliced sweet onion
1 1/2 ozdiced spam or diced bolonga (can use more meat if desired )
1/2 tspsalt,or to taste ( may not need any with the spam
1/2 tspground black pepper,or to taste
How to Make Poorman's Breakfast Skillet
- Melt shortening in a 8 inch cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- When shortening is hot,but not smoking add potatoes and onions,sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Cover with lid,and cook until potatoes are slightly softened(about 10 minutes ).
- Remove lid, add meat then turn mixture over and replace lid and cook until potatoes are almost browned.
- Push potatoes to one side,add eggs and scramble eggs until desired doneness is almost reached.
- Just before eggs are fully cooked,push potatoes into eggs and finish cooking eggs until done.
And Enjoy :)