Parsleyed Potatoes (Parsley Potatoes)
This one combines the convenience of the microwave and a skillet on top of the stove and is quick to make 15 minutes, start-to-finish.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is such a savory, satisfying way of preparing potatoes! A great technique to keep tucked in your apron pocket... The Test Kitchen
1 to 2 mediumpotatoes per serving (thin-skinned or peeled)
1 Tbspbutter per serving (cut back for large batches)
1/4 mediumonion per serving
1/4 bunchfresh parsley per serving
·zest of one lemon, grated (optional)
·salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Parsleyed Potatoes (Parsley Potatoes)
- Wash and remove any sprouts or bad spots from the potatoes. If using thin-skinned potatoes(e.g. red, new, or Yukon gold potatoes), leave the skin on. If using thicker-skinned potatoes (e.g. Russet), peel them.
- Cut the potatoes into 3/4 inch dice. Place in a microwave-safe dish, add water to about 1-inch deep. Cover and microwave until the potatoes are almost done. Time varies depending on amount of potatoes and strength of microwave oven but takes about 10 minutes for 2 large servings.
- While the potatoes are cooking, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Chop the onions and saute in the melted butter, stirring occasionally to promote even cooking.
- When the potatoes are soft, much of the water will have been absorbed. Use a slotted spoon to add the potatoes to skillet with the onions, leaving as much water behind as possible. Let the potatoes saute for about 2 minutes to brown slightly on one side.
- Finely chop the parsley (and, optionally, zest the lemon). Add these to the skillet and toss to mix thoroughly. Allow this to heat through for about 2 minutes. Taste, and season with salt and pepper.
- While the potatoes are heating through, you have just enough time to heat some pre-cooked smoked sausage in the microwave. Offer a dollop of mustard with the sausage and dinner is served.