NAKED BREAKFAST FRITTATA (sallye)
2 lbore ida o'brien frozen hash browns**
2 lbjimmy dean (or other) sage sausage
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cpace picante sauce
1 tspgarlic powder (optional)
8 largeeggs, whisked with 1/8 cup milk
8 ozgrated cheese (colby-monterrey or to taste)
1 csour cream (optional)
How to Make NAKED BREAKFAST FRITTATA (sallye)
- In a heavy (cast iron preferred) skillet, crumble and cook sausage over medium heat until grey .
When done, drain and place in large mixing bowl
- Add undiluted mushroom soup, picante sauce, garlic powder & sour cream and mix well
- Add potatoes to sausage mixture and salt & pepper to taste
Spread mixture into lightly greased 9" x 13" baking dish
- **NOTE: If you can't find O'Brien hash browns, you can use plain ones and add 1/2 cup minced bell pepper and 1/2 cup minced onions to plain hash brown potatoes.
- Whisk eggs with milk until well blended and frothy.
Pour whisked eggs over sausage/potatoes mixture
- Cook in 350º preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese over top.
- Place back in oven and cook for approximately 15 more minutes until cheese is nicely browned and bubbly