Garlic Mashed Potatoes
How to Make Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 1Preheat oven to 375*F. Peel potatoes and cut into even-size pieces.
- 2Place in a large pot of lightly salted water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, separate garlic cloves, but do not peel them. Place in a bowl, add olive oil and toss to coat. Place on a baking sheet and roast in oven until softened, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- 4Drain potatoes and return to pot. Mash slightly. Add sour cream and butter. Quickly squeeze pulp from garlic cloves into pot. Add salt and black pepper.
- 5Mash potatoes until combined and smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl. Cut chives into small pieces. Sprinkle over mashed potatoes in bowl; serve.