Duck Fat Roasted Potatoes
3 lbyukon gold potatoes, washed, scrubbed and quartered
1 tspcoarse sea salt
1/2 crendered duck fat
1/2 Tbspdried rosemary
·freshly ground black pepper, to taste (i always use mixed peppercorns)
1/4 tspground himalayan sea salt, or more to taste
1/2 tspmild paprika, or more to taste
How to Make Duck Fat Roasted Potatoes
- Place potatoes in a large pot, fill with enough cold water so the water level is about 1-inch above the vegetables, then add coarse sea salt. Transfer to the stove on high heat, cover and bring to a boil. When it boils, remove the lid and set the timer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot over medium-low heat, add duck fat and rosemary; heat it up, stir and keep warm until needed.
- Drain potatoes in a colander. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into smaller pieces – not too small otherwise they won’t hold their shape. Place them on a baking dish lined with foil and pour on warm fat. Stir to coat and season potatoes with freshly ground black pepper, sea salt and paprika. Transfer to a 400ºF preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and flip them over; return to oven for another 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, flip them again and roast for 15 minutes longer. Remove from the heat, flip once again and set the oven to broil; roast for 5 minutes (leave the rack in the middle). Serves 4
- To view this recipe on YouTube, click on this link >>>>