Buttermilk Chive Mashed Potatoes with Peas
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1onion, thinly sliced
1 1/2 lbpotatoes
1 clow-fat buttermilk
1/4 cchives, chopped, divided
·salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Buttermilk Chive Mashed Potatoes with Peas
- In a medium saute pan, over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the onions and cook, stirring often, about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into large, even pieces. In a large pot, cover the potatoes with salted water and bring to a boil. Cook the potatoes until soft when tested with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain.
- Force the potatoes through a ricer if you have one. If not, use a mixer or hand masher to mash the potatoes. Add the caramelized onions and buttermilk and beat until light and fluffy, (You can use a little more
buttermilk if necessary to bring about the desired consistency.) Stir in the peas and half the chives.
4. 4. Serve in a large bowl sprinkled with the remaining chives.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in a large bowl sprinkled with the remaining chives.