Bombay Potatoes (Vegetarian)
YOU CAN COOK THE POTATOES A HEAD OF TIME OR EVEN USE LEFT OVER POTATOES
6 to 8 mediumpotatoes, small and whole
1 tspgaram marsala
2 Tbspcanola oil
1 tspchili powder
1 tspblack mustard seeds or mustard powder
1 tspcurry powder or curry leaves
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/4 tsponion powder
3 Tbspchopped corriander or parsley
4 mediumtomatoes chopped or 1 can diced tomatoes
1 smallyellow pepper ,opt
How to Make Bombay Potatoes (Vegetarian)
- add Potatoes,skin on to a large pot and boil until fork tender. add salt to your water.
- Peel the potatoes,I used new potatoes so I didn't have to peel them.I like the skins on.
- cut up potatoes into bite size pieces
- Heat oil until it shimmers
- add all dry spieces,to bring out or open up the flavor's of the spices. If you are using blk.mustard seeds,you will know your oil is hot enough when they begin to make a popping sound.
- stir spieces in oil to get full aroma
- add potatoes and stir.
- add fresh or canned diced tomatoes
- Bring up to temp if the potatoes are cold...tomatoes do not have to cook long.
- fold in parsley or corriandor
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve as a main or side dish