Baked Sweet Potato Fries
2large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into about 1/3 wide inch fries
1/4 ccanola oil
1 1/2 Tbspcornstarch
1/2 tspfresh ground black pepper
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/8 tspground cayenne pepper
·salt to taste after baked
How to Make Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Soak the cut sweet potatoes in cold water for 45 minutes. Drain well and dry with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In large Ziploc bag add canola oil and sweet potatoes. Shake to coat.
- In small bowl mix cornstarch, cumin, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle seasoning in Ziploc bag with potatoes and shake to coat.
- Place potatoes on cookie sheets coated with nonstick spray; leaving space for heat between the fries. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.