BAKED MASHED POTATOES
Jo Ann Murphy
- large russet potatoes
- 1/2 lb
- mozzarella cheese - cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp
- grated romano cheese
- 1/8 lb
- hard salami, minced (use good quality salami)
- stick - (1/2 cup) butter, use only real butter
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- plain breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make BAKED MASHED POTATOES
- 1Peel the potatoes and cut into chunks. Boil until tender and drain. Mash potatoes and add 5 Tbs of the butter and then the milk. Stir and mash until the potatoes are smooth.
- 2Add the mozzarella cubes, romano cheese, and salami. Stir to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Use 1 TBS of the remaining butter to grease the bottom and sides of a high sided casserole dish. Coat the bottom and sides with breadcrumbs allowing the extra breadctumbs to lay in the bottom of the dish.
- 4Spoon the potato mixture into the dish and dot the top with the remaining butter.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees until the top is golden brown. Be careful -- this is VERY hot when it comes out of the oven.
Serve from the baking bowl and enjoy.