ACCORDION POTATOES WITH GARLIC
How to Make ACCORDION POTATOES WITH GARLIC
- Scrub potatoes but do not peel. Cut a small slice off the bottom (lengthwise) of each potato so it will stand and won't roll.
- With a sharp knife, carefully slice the potato all the way across in thin slices, being careful not to cut all the way through the bottom. Fan the potato out with your fingers without breaking it.
- Insert one slice of the garlic cloves between every second or third potato slice.
- Break the butter up into very small pieces and scatter across the tops of potatoes. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree oven for about 40 minutes or until done.
In the last five minutes of baking time, sprinkle about 1 ounce of cheese over each potato and add the green onion, if desired.