Old Fashioned Fried Onion Rings
How to Make Old Fashioned Fried Onion Rings
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer to 365 degrees F.
- Seperate the onion slices into rings, and set aside. In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Dip the onion slices into the flour mixture until they are all coated; set aside. On another paper plate put the seasoned bread crumbs on it, set aside.
- Whisk the egg and milk into the flour mixture using a fork. Dip the floured rings into the batter to coat, then let drip a little.
- Transfer a few at a time to the seasoned bread crumbs, and coat the rings best you can with the bread crumbs.
- Fry a few at a time for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain, salt if you wish.