Cranberry Jello Salad
1 bag(s)(12 ounce) fresh cranberries (reserve a few for garnish)
3 box(3 ounce) cherry jello
2small crisp apples peeled cored and finely chopped (honey crisp are excellent in this)
2small pears peeled finely cored and chopped (just barely ripe so they are still crisp)
How to Make Cranberry Jello Salad
- In large saucepan combine water and cranberries. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes; stirring occasionally. The cranberries will burst.
- Remove from the heat and add jello; stir until dissolved. Stir in ice cubes. Chill for 30-45 minutes to slightly thicken but not set. Stir several times so it cools but does not begin to set on the sides.
- Stir in pecans, apples and pears. Pour in mold or bundt pan. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Dip mold in hot water for 10-20 seconds. Carefully invert onto final serving platter. If mold does not release dip in hot water for another 10 seconds.
- Garnish with cranberries and fresh bay leaves. Do NOT use holly leaves.