LOWER FAT BENEDICTINE SPREAD
2 8oz. pkgneufchatel cheese, softened
6 Tbspcucumber juice (2 medium-small fresh cucumbers, unpeeled or peeled)
2 Tbspsweet onion juice (1 medium-small onion or 1/2 large)
1 tsplemon juice
12drops green food color gel (optional, but traditional)
How to Make LOWER FAT BENEDICTINE SPREAD
- Measure 6 tablespoons cucumber juice into a small saucepan. Discard remaining juice and pulp.
- Repeat process with onion for 2 tablespoons onion juice to add to cucumber juice in pan.
- Place pan over high heat, bring to a boil for 10-15 seconds, then immediately remove from heat. (This will tame the cucumber and make it friendlier to the tummy.)
- To the warm juice, add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon lemon juice; stir and mix well; set aside.
- Unwrap neufchatel cheese; place in mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to beat cheese well.