Peach Fennel Salsa
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 cdiced fresh fennel (bulb, stalk, and feathery leaves, tough outer layer discarded)
2 cpeeled and diced peaches (about 4 large peaches)
1 cdiced roasted red bell pepper
1/2 cdiced red onion
4 tsproasted garlic oil
1/8 tspsea salt
1/8 tspfreshly ground black pepper
ROASTED GARLIC OIL
1 colive oil
14 clovegarlic, peeled
How to Make Peach Fennel Salsa
- For the garlic oil:
This is another staple in my pantry, roasted garlic puree is the end result.
- Simmer 14 cloves of garlic in 1 cup of olive oil in a saucepan for about 20 minutes, or until the garlic is golden brown.
- Strain the oil and place in a small mason jar, reserving the garlic, I use it for sautés, salad dressings and marinades.
- Puree the garlic in a food processor until it form a smooth paste.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- For the Salsa:
Combine the peaches, fennel, bell peppers, onion, garlic oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for at least 30 minutes.
- the salsa can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.